Key Workflow: PCI Express multichannel sound card with on-board processing for on-air automation and permanent playback.
PCX1221e is the reference multichannel sound card with on-board processing designed for operating in continuous 24/7/365 use-environments, such as radio automation. Its on-board processing guarantees all audio channels are always processed whatever the PC CPU load is, which gives absolute reliability and responsiveness to the audio system.
At a glance
PCX1221e is a full featured multichannel model of the PCX series of sound cards. Thanks to its digital inputs and outputs, its on-board processing and unrivaled reliability, PCX1221e is the reference multichannel sound card used in the radio automation systems designed by Digigram Development Partners. A proprietary Software Development Kit (SDK) allows control of the card’s on-board functionalities. Available as part of the systems delivered by Digigram Development Partners, PCX1221e can also be used as a linear PCM sound card with software applications based on standard driver interfaces.
- Multichannel sound card designed for broadcast radio
- On-board processing available through Proprietary Digigram SDK: MPEG audio, mixing of PCM and MPEG, cross-fades, real time time-scaling
- Proprietary Software Development Kit for controlling the on-board features
- Interoperable with most of the third party software applications for audio production under Windows, through DirectSound, Wasapi, and ASIO
- PCX cards are sold to Development partners: they design and sell the applications that include these cards
- Multichannel PCI Express sound card with on-board processing: MPEG audio, mixing of PCM and MPEG, cross-fades, real time time-scaling, 3-band parametric EQ, Maximizer
- Six stereo AES/EBU outputs, and one stereo AES/EBU input with hardware sample rate converter
- Adjustable input and output analog and digital gains
- Synchronization inputs: AES11, Word Clock, black burst video reference
- Support for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit (Digigram proprietary SDK, WDM kernel streaming, DirectSound, Wasapi, ASIO)
- Breakout cables with XLR connectors, or BOB12 breakout box