LX1616ESe Multichannel EtherSound PCI Sound Card
Key Workflow: Bridges a wide range of computer audio applications to a 100Mb/s EtherSound network.
LX EtherSound sound cards are the unique gateways from professional audio software applications to EtherSound networks. They typically allow direct recording in installed live sound and touring, logging of multiple audio channels coming from audio sources connected to the EtherSound network, playback of multiple audio channels in fixed installation.
At a glance
With up to 64 inputs/outputs, the LX6464ES combines the widely used EtherSound technology for distributing real-time audio over Ethernet with Digigram’s sound card expertise. The card allows direct connection of a Digital Audio Worksattion to a 100Mb/s EtherSound network, for transmitting and receiving up to 64 high quality mono channels.
- Linear PCM PCI Express multichannel sound card
- Links a Digital Audio Workstation directly to an EtherSound network
- 16 input / 16 output mono channels on EtherSound
- ASIO and DirectSound interfaces
- Can be primary master or slave on the EtherSound network
- External Wordclock synchronization (44.1 kHz or 48 kHz)
- 2 Ethernet ports (EtherSound In and Out)
- Virtual Ethernet interface (software) enabling an application such as EScontrol, installed on the same PC, to directly access the EtherSound network with no need of an additional network connection
- Bus/Format: PCI EXPRESS™ (PCIe®) x1 (x2, x4, x8, x16, x32 compatible)
- Size: 111.15mm x 169 mm x 20 mm
- Power requirements (+3.3 V / +12 V): 0.4 A / 0.12 A
- Operating: temp / humidity (non-condensing): 0°C / +50°C • 5% / 90%
- Storage: temp / humidity (non-condensing): -5°C / +70°C • 0% / 95%
- Inputs: 16 EtherSound channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Outputs: 16 EtherSound channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Other inputs: Word clock, 44.1 or 48 kHz, with selectable input impedance (High Z / 75 ohms) (can be used if card delivers the master clock for the EtherSound network).
- Optional additional I/Os: number of I/Os can be software upgraded by packets of 8 mono I/Os, up to 64/64 I/Os.
- EtherSound IN: RJ45 female
- EtherSound OUT: RJ45 female
- Word Clock IN: BNC female
- Word Clock input impedance: Jumper: High Z / 75 ohms
- Technology: ES-100
- Functions: Compatible with Ring Redundancy mode Can generate the audio network clock in all modes
- Network clock frequencies supported: Can generate a 48 KHz audio clock for the EtherSound network Can synchronize on an EtherSound network at either 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Other inputs:Word clock LX card can generate a 44.1 or 48 kHz audio clock synchronized on the Word Clock In
- EtherSound virtual control port: Virtual Ethernet interface, enabling a software application such as EScontrol, installed on the same PC as the LX card, to control and monitor the EtherSound network through the LX card.
- Audio sampling frequencies supported: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Supported audio formats: PCM 16, 24, 24 bits “packed” (packets of 32 bits)
- Management: DirectSound, WASAPI, ASIO
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP and following versions (32 bits and 64 bits)
- Direct connectivity of an audio workstation to an EtherSound network
- Compatible with all third party software audio applications based on ASIO or DirectSound (multi-track recording,, multichannels playout, processing of multiple channels