PCX422e – Support
PCX422e is a sound card with on-board processing mainly designed to be used with software applications based on Digigram proprietary driver APIs (Application Programming Interface) under Windows. The Digigram SDK (Software Development Kit) allows the control of all the on-board features (MPEG, PCM, mixing, time-scaling, cross-fades, timed-functions, EQ, Maximizer,…)
The card can also be used as a standard linear PCM sound card through standard driver interfaces: WDM kernel streaming, DirectSound, Wasapi, ASIO, and Alsa for Linux.
The “HR Runtime” package allows installing the following components:
- WDM directSound driver
- ASIO driver with its ASIO control panel (CPL)
- Legacy Wave MME driver
- Digigram Hardware Settings (DHS) application, which allows setting the cards paremeters (clock, synchro, input type selection, gains, vu-meters, monitoring, input SRC, EQ)
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7, 8, 10, 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 Server, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
No support is provided for older Windows OS. Recent versions of cards are not supported for OS older than Windows Seven.
Alsa driver is included in the Linux kernel.
Important installation note
Under Windows 7 and Windows 8, the following error message may be displayed during the installation of the HR Runtime package:
“Windows cannot verify the digital signature of the driver required for this device….. (Code 52)”.
This error is due to a bug of Windows 7 and Windows 8 in the support of driver signatures. This error is fixed in recent Windows updates.
To fix it, it is necessary to:
1) apply the recent Windows updates. This fixes the “Code 52” error.
2) apply the following Microsoft Hotfix. This removes the remaining “Untrusted publisher” dialog box appearing when installing the driver.
Once this is done, HR Runtime can be installed correctly.