VX882e – Support
VX882e is a linear PCM sound card designed to be used through the following standard driver interfaces: WDM kernel streaming, DirectSound, WASAPI, ASIO, and Alsa for Linux.
It can also be used with software applications based on Digigram proprietary Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) under Windows operating systems, so as to benefit from the available on-board features: PCM audio mixing, cross-fades, timed-based and event-based functions. VX882e card does feature on-board support of MPEG audio and time-scaling.
The “HR Runtime” package allows installing the following components:
- WDM DirectSound driver
- ASIO driver with its ASIO control panel (CPL)
- Legacy Wave MME driver
- Digigram Hardware Settings (DHS) application, which allows setting the cards parameters (clock, synchro, input type selection, gains, vu-meters, monitoring, input SRC, EQ)
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7, 8, 10, 2003/2008/2012/2016 Server, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
No support is provided for older Windows OS. Recent versions of cards are not supported for OS older than Windows Seven.
Alsa driver is included in the Linux kernel.
Important installation note
Under Windows 7 and Windows 8, the following error message may be displayed during the installation of the HR Runtime package:
“Windows cannot verify the digital signature of the driver required for this device….. (Code 52)”.
This error is due to a bug of Windows 7 and Windows 8 in the support of driver signatures. This error is fixed in recent Windows updates.
To fix it, it is necessary to:
1) apply the recent Windows updates. This fixes the “Code 52” error.
2) apply the following Microsoft Hotfix. This removes the remaining “Untrusted publisher” dialog box appearing when installing the driver.
Once this is done, HR Runtime can be installed correctly.