IQOYA X/LINK-MPX – Transport of the MPX FM composite signal over IP networks
IQOYA X/LINK-MPX is a 1U rack IP codec designed for the transport of an FM/MPX composite signal over IP networks. It can be used as an IP MPX encoder, or as an IP MPX decoder. At the studio, the MPX input signal can be analog or digital AES192. At the transmitter site, the MPX output signal is available via two analog outputs and one digital AES192 output, which allows for using redundant exciters. The MPX signal can be transported in uncompressed PCM, or compressed in microMPX for using network links with low available bitrate.
X/LINK-MPX includes a rich set of features dedicated to the reliable transport of the MPX signal over managed or unmanaged networks, and also ensures continuity of audio service on transmitter sites thanks to two backup levels. Built on a powerful, fan-less and energy-efficient hardware platform that runs the acclaimed Digigram Fluid IP streaming technology, IQOYA X/LINK-MPX is the IP codec designed for 24/7/365 operation.
- 2 internal redundant PSU 100-250VAC
- 2 analog MPX inputs and outputs ( BNC)
- 1 digital AES192 MPX input / output (XLR)
- 1 RS232 port
- 4 GPI’s / 4 GPO’s (Sub-D 25)
- 4 network ports (1 x 100 Mbps + 3 x Gbps – RJ-45 ports)
- VLAN’s, QoS (VLAN tagging, DSCP)
- Unicast, multi-unicast, multicast, muti-multicast
- IGMPv2 and v3
Encoding, decoding and streaming
- Full duplex: IP MPX encoding / IP audio decoding, or vice-versa
- MPX transport formats
– PCM: 12, 16, 20, 24 bits, 192 kHz, or 144 kHz (analog to analog MPX only)
– microMPX: bitrate from 320 kbps to 576 kbps
- Audio formats: 48 kHz, PCM, or MPEG L2, L3, AAC, Opus
- FEC (+10%, +25%, +33%, +50%, +100%), dual streaming with time diversity for MPX in PCM
- microMPX FEC
- Tunneling of auxiliary data (serial data from RS232 or UDP, triggers from GPI’s or UDP)
- Real time metrics on the received IP stream (network path quality)
- Backup of the MPX input source: analog / analog, AES192/analog
- 3 decoding priorities, with choice of the audio source on each priority: IP MPX stream , MPX files on local SDHC card
- Automatic switching between priorities based on configurable stream loss duration and stream recovery duration
- MPX signal decoded to all the MPX outputs
Administration and supervision
- Intuitive WEB GUI, with secure connection (HTTPS)
- Control, monitoring, alarming through SNMP (SET, GET, Traps) with MIB
- Save/load full codec configuration to/from local SDHC card or remote PC
- Transport your analog or digital MPX signal to your transmitter sites. Centralize the MPX signal generation at the studio side
- Lower your CAPEX: no need for sound processors at each transmitter site.
- Lower your OPEX: less power consumption, less space required, and less maintenance operations at transmitter sites.
- Use managed or unmanaged links.
- Get an audio monitoring feed from the transmitter site.
- Secure your FM transmission by using redundant exciters connected to separate MPX outputs.